Both springs installed

I started off installing the u-bolts on the spring I already installed.  Then I decided to install the Panhard bar before the driver’s side spring was in the way.

It took some wiggling to get both ends of the bar attached.  That should have been a clue.

Hanging the spring was easy enough.  Then I had to get the spring lined up with the axle.  That turned out to be a huge pain in the ass.  I ended up jacking up the spring and the axle separately.  That got me within about a 1/8″ but I could get no closer.  Finally I had to remove one end of the damn Panhard bar to get the axle into position.

It looks pretty good now.

U-bolts are all installed and springs are secured.   I might be able to finish this up tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *