Passenger side axle back together

VT_20160526_180324

Getting the knuckle seal on I spend a bit of time trying to get the rubber grease seal (red arrow) to snap into the knuckle before I realized I was making it too hard.  I started putting the retainer on and used that to force the seal into place.  Before I started I squirted oil on the felt seal (blue arrow) where it rubs on the ball.  Not sure if that is necessary but it felt right.

VT_20160526_181909

Looks good.  The bolts are snug but not stupid tight.

VT_20160526_194430

Next Rachael put the axle in while I put some sealer on the spindle.  It took all of our hands to get the parts held in place while putting the bolts through so I did not get any pictures.  Rachael torqued the bolts to 30 ft-lbs.  I just guessed at that torque.

VT_20160526_194443

Next the “s” shaped little brake line and the new brake hose.  We reused the old clip.

VT_20160526_194434

Brake hose is attached.  Three more wheels to go!

VT_20160526_194556

While Rachael worked on the knuckle I was cleaning parts.  Bearings look good.

VT_20160526_194544    VT_20160526_194533

Got the drum and hub de-greased too.  The drum does not look worn at all.  It was probably turned “recently”

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.