I am determined to get the Jeepster running tonight. First some pics of the floorboard patches from underneath. I put that cable tie in there before I put the seam sealer on so I would have a place to tie the fuel lines to. The factory brace had a metal tab spot-welded on there and I forgot to do that before I painted everything.
I really should fix the rear floorboard before I put this all back together. But it was brutally hot welding in the summer and the car has been out of commission for more than a month. So I will put it back together and finish patching this fall when it is cooler.
The shifter tower is fiberglass and VERY near to the area I am going to be welding so I figured I should remove it first. Once I did I found a nice collection of seeds and hardware which might well have been there since 1967.