I am taking the head to the machine shop tomorrow and my gasket set and pushrod are not in yet so I decided to spend some time cleaning up parts.
First on the menu is this fuel pump. Every hose is dry-rotted and the steel lines are rusting. I pulled off all the old hoses and cleaned up the hose clamps.
Now for the fuel filter. This is a reusable, cleanable filter with an astounding amount of gunk in it.
Filter all cleaned up and ready to go. I also cleaned and painted all the steel fuel lines. I had a can of silver paint so I used that. But I did not take a picture.
I also cleaned up the temperature sensor and re-installed it in the intake manifold.
I still have a can of Eastwood manifold paint from when I did the Studebaker’s manifold. That has been a few years but it might still be good. Worth a try. I got out a drill and a rotary wire brush and went to work.
Wow, I think my brush has seen better days. It went into the trash. I then sprayed the manifold with Eastwood rust converter, forgot to take a picture, then set it aside to dry. Time to go to bed.