I drove the Jeepster to work today and when I disconnected the batter I noticed this. I could have sworn I replaced the belt but obviously not.
Month: August 2019
Front floorboards done!
I am determined to get the Jeepster running tonight. First some pics of the floorboard patches from underneath. I put that cable tie in there before I put the seam sealer on so I would have a place to tie the fuel lines to. The factory brace had a metal tab spot-welded on there and I forgot to do that before I painted everything.
Started putting the seats back in
I really should fix the rear floorboard before I put this all back together. But it was brutally hot welding in the summer and the car has been out of commission for more than a month. So I will put it back together and finish patching this fall when it is cooler.
Finishing the floorboards
Continuing on with the floorboards I started grinding down the welds. I started off using a grinding wheel in the angle grinder but had better luck with a flap disk.