So I dragged the original glove box into the house and did some triage on it. Plan A was to use classic redneck engineering techniques to fix the old box. In other words duct tape. However this box is in rough shape. The front edge that goes against the dash is all torn up. Half the seams are either torn or very fragile. And it still has bits of mouse poop in it. While I am sure I could make it work I am equally sure I will not be happy with the result.
Wednesday it was forecast to be 83 and sunny so I decided to drive the Jeepster to work. About 1 mile into the trip I realized the turn signals were not working. Sad! So I used hand signals and survived the trip.